- Mix baking soda and water to make a thick paste.
- Use this paste to scrub your underarms.
- Wash it off and pat dry the area thoroughly.
- Repeat a few times a week.
You can also apply a light dusting of equal parts of baking soda and cornstarch to neutralize body odor.
Coconut oil is another good option to get rid of dark underarms. Coconut oil contains vitamin E that can help lighten the underarms. At the same time, it will also work as an effective natural deodorant.
- Massage the dark underarms with coconut oil.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Repeat two or three times daily until you achieve the desired results.
Make a whitening pack.
If you’re willing to commit to a frequent treatment regimen, you can try a natural whitening pack made from gram flour (also known a chickpea flour). Mix the flour with yogurt, lemon and a little turmeric to form a thick paste.
Apply and leave in place for at least 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Apply this whitening paste daily for two weeks and then three times a week to speed up the whitening effect.
The strong antiperspirant chemicals of deodorants often darken underarms by an inflammatory response. Very few people actually have a problem with body odor and most do not need the widely advertised deodorants.
Orange peels can be used to lighten the skin under your arms, thanks to their skin lightening and exfoliating properties.
- Put some orange peels in the sun for a few days until they dry out completely.
- Grind the dried peels into powder form.
- Mix two teaspoons of powdered orange peels with enough rose water and milk to make a thick paste.
- Gently scrub your underarms with the paste and then leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash the area with cold water.
- Repeat the process two or three times a week.