Home Remedies for Acidity:
Acidity in human body is recognized as one of the major problem that can leads to many health ailments that ranging from digestive problems to cardiovascular diseases. So follow these natural home remedies which help you to get control over this acidity and thereby from other health issues which will rise from this acidity.
Ginger is an excellent remedy for treating acidity due to its alkalizing nature. Generally the perfect pH of the body remains in between 7.35 and 7.45 which is measured on the scale of 0 – 14 that in turn how acidic or alkaline your body is.
If you’re suffering from acidity, then the stomach acid will reflux into the esophagus and causes irritation and inflammation in it. So the intake of ginger which is an herb or spice will help to stimulate the production of saliva that in turn helps to wash away the acid which has refluxed into esophagus and thus cures acidity.
Here are the recipes on how to take ginger for curing acidity quickly.
Method – 1: (Ginger Tea)
- Fresh ginger root – 1 inch piece
- Hot (or) warm water – 1 cup
- Honey (or) Lemon juice (Optional) – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Take ginger root and wash it off thoroughly.
- Peel it and cut it into slices.
- Then take a pot and place these ginger slices in it.
- Now pour hot water over these ginger slices in that pot.
- Allow it steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea by using sieve into a cup.
- Finally have this ginger tea by adding honey or lemon juice in it.
- For more effective results, you have to drink this ginger tea for 2 – 3 times a day.
- Or you can also use ginger in many other forms like chewing a fresh piece of raw ginger, using it in cooking, ginger ale, ginger candies, etc. regularly to get rid of the acidity.
Method – 2: (Ginger Powder)
- Ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida – pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Rock salt – pinch
- Take water and add ginger powder, rock salt and asafetida to it.
- Stir it well and drink this solution to get relief from the acidity.
- Intake of this ginger powder solution will give immediate relief from the acidity. So follow this process whenever you suffer from acidity.
- Or you can also have a spoonful of ginger juice for 2 – 3 times a day on daily basis to keep the acidity and other stomach related problems at bay.
Method – 3: (Ginger with Ground Coriander Tea)
In Ayurveda, it is believed that a hot, brewed tea which is made from fresh ginger and ground coriander will be more helpful for getting rid of the acidity that was especially caused due to over eating of certain foods occasionally.
- Freshly ground ginger – 2 tablespoon
- Ground coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot water – 8 oz
- Disposable tea bag