Method – 5: (Fennel Vegetable Salad)
- Fennel vegetable
- Baby spinach
- Take fennel vegetable and slice the white bottom of it.
- Place them in a bowl and add arugula and baby spinach to it.
- Stir it well and have this like a salad to get food easily digested.
- Intake of this fennel salad will definitely help you to get complete relief from the acidity.
5. Basil Leaves:
Basil leaves contains many components that are very effective and excellent digestive agents. All these components help to stimulate the stomach to produce more mucous. Usage of basil leaves will provide you the ability to reduce the peptic acids effects in the stomach. Thus it cures the acidity levels in the stomach. Remember that using basil leaves will not only cures acidity but also cures gas and bloating also.
Here are few ways that explains on how to use this basil leaves for curing acidity.
Method – 1: (Chewing Basil Leaves)
- Basil leaves – 5 to 7
- Take basil leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- Place these leaves into your mouth and start chewing them.
- Chew them slowly by drinking the basil juice which came by chewing these leaves.
- This chewing process is more preferred after taking meals.
- Continue doing this process regularly to relieve completely from the acidity.
Method – 2:
- Basil leaves – 8 to 10
- Lukewarm water – 1 glass
- Take basil leaves and wash them properly.
- Crush these leaves to make it fine paste.
- Then take lukewarm water and add this basil paste into it.
- Stir it well and drink this to get rid of the acidity.
- This process not only helps to reduce the pain but also relieves acidity completely.
- Repeat the same process regularly to clear the acidity problem.
Method – 3: (Basil Tea)
- Basil leaves – 3 to 6 leaves
- Water – 1 cup
- Honey (optional)
- Take a pan and place basil leaves in it.
- Then pour water in it and place this pan on the stove or heat.
- Boil this for few minutes and then simmer it for few minutes.
- Strain the tea and add honey to sweeten up the tea.
- But make sure that not to add milk in it.
- Sip it slowly to get rid of the acidity and frequent intake of this basil tea will definitely help you to get complete relief from the acidity and its symptoms.
Intake of foods which has low acid levels will be more helpful for the people those who are dealing with this acidity. Always remember that the lower the pH level then the higher will be the acidity in foods. Coming to watermelon, it has high pH of 9 which makes it more alkaline. Taking alkaline foods will be good for the tissues, cells and other organs in the body.
This is also proved in a study which was conducted in 2011 in which about 20 members with reflux or acidity said that they felt up to 95% improvement by following strict low acid diet. So include this watermelon and other low acid foods like lettuce, celery, broccoli, grapefruit, etc.
Here are few ways to eat this watermelon for treating acidity.
Method – 1: (Watermelon)
- Take ripe watermelon and cut it into small bite size pieces.
- Cover it and store these pieces in refrigerator.
- Whenever you suffer from this feeling of acidity or heartburn or acidity then take a small bowl.
- Place 5 – 7 pieces of this chilled water melon by taking it out from refrigerator.
- Continue doing the same process throughout the day to keep this acidity problem at bay.
- But make sure that not to consume watermelon pieces which was cut and stored in fridge for more than 3 days as it is not safe to use them.
Method – 2: (Watermelon Juice)
- Take a ripe watermelon and cut it into small pieces.
- Place them in refrigerator for few minutes.
- Then take out these pieces and blend it to make a refreshing drink with it.
- Drink this chilled watermelon juice to clear the acidity and also other digestive problems.
Method – 3: (Watermelon Salad)
- Take watermelon and cut it into small pieces.
- Place these pieces in a bowl.
- Then take low acid fruits like grapefruit and banana.
- Peel it off and cut them into comfortable pieces.
- Place all these pieces in that bowl.
- Mix it well to make it a salad.
- Have this low acid fruit salad to neutralize the acid in the stomach and thus to prevent the acidity.
- For more effective results, have this salad regularly.
Method – 4: (Watermelon Juice with Coconut Water)
- Watermelon juice
- Coconut water
- Take some quantity of watermelon juice and coconut water.
- Mix them well and drink this liquid in between meals or whenever you suffer from acidity to clear it.
- Continue doing the same process regularly to avoid this acidity attacks.