7. Cumin Seeds:
These cumin seeds are generally belongs to Umbelliferae family in which parsley, caraway seeds, dill and chervil. All these seeds are extensively used in many countries like Indian, Mexican, Spanish, Middle Eastern areas as these are rich in manganese, iron and other vitamins and minerals.
There are many studies that are conducted on cumin seeds have found that it helps to stimulate the pancreatic enzymes which further helps for proper digestion and ultimately keeps all the digestive problems including this acidity along with its symptoms at bay.
Follow the below mentioned ways to clear the acidity…
Method – 1: (Cumin Seeds Decoction)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Take a pan and pour water in it.
- Place this on the stove or heat.
- Then add cumin seeds in it.
- Stir it and allow it to boil for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Now put off the flame and let it cool down for few minutes.
- After it cool down properly then you can drink this decoction to get rid of the acidity.
- Continue the intake of this cumin seeds mixture daily whenever you’re suffering from this acidity to get rid of it.
Method – 2: (Cumin Seeds with Buttermilk)
- Cumin seeds
- Water (or) Buttermilk
- Strainer (Optional)
- Airtight container
- Take some cumin seeds and dry roast them for few minutes until you get aroma as an indication of properly roasted.
- Then take out a mortar and pestle and place a teaspoon of dry roasted cumin seeds in it.
- Crush them slightly and pour this dry roasted ground cumin seeds into water or buttermilk.
- Or you can also crush this cumin seeds along with water or buttermilk by placing all these things in a juicer.
- You may or may not strain the seeds in that buttermilk or water.
- Stir it well and drink this after completing your meals.
- Store the remaining roasted cumin seeds in an airtight container for further purpose.
- Do the same process regularly to get complete relief from acidity problem.
Method – 3: (Cumin Seeds)
- Raw cumin seeds
- Take a pinch full of raw cumin seeds and place them in the mouth.
- Chew them properly to get immediate relief from the acidity along with its symptoms.
- Do this chewing process regularly to fend off the acidity.
Generally there are many foods that help to treat acidity in which banana is one among it. These bananas has rich source of potassium which makes it as an alkalizing mineral with a pH of 14. The intake of ripe banana which reduces the acidity levels in the stomach by raising the pH level.
Other than this, it has certain chemicals which help to stimulate the stomach lining to produce mucus in more quantity and this in turn helps to protect the stomach from acids and thus prevents the problem of stomach ulcers. These bananas are rich in fiber content which effectively speed up the digestion process. So it’s advisable to include a banana (minimum quantity) in the daily diet to neutralize the acidity or alkaline in the body.
Some people might develop a feeling of heartburn for eating this bananas as a reaction which is caused due to the intake of unripe one. The potassium in this unripe banana will be in potassium nitrate form which further leads to heartburn. So it’s recommended to have a ripe or over ripe banana which has brown spots on its peel, as it is tasty and healthy.
Coriander is another effective remedy for treating acidity and other stomach related problems. This coriander has certain essential oils like linalool and borneol which helps for better digestion and thus proper functioning of the liver. These oils along with their aroma will help for proper secretion of the digestive juices and enzymes in the stomach and thus stimulate proper digestion and peristaltic movement.
Other than this, coriander also has bio-active compounds which help to prevent acidity symptoms like vomiting, nausea and other stomach disorders. Or else, if your appetite is suppressed with continuous acidity attacks then also you can get relief from it by having this fresh coriander leaves, as these leaves will act as an excellent appetizers. So include them in your daily diet to prevent indigestion (dyspepsia).
Follow the below mentioned methods to get clear the acidity.
Method – 1: (Coriander Leaves with Buttermilk)
- Coriander leaves
- Buttermilk – 1 glass
- Take some coriander leaves and place them in a mortar and pestle.
- Crush them finely by adding a little of water to it.
- Extract its juice from this crushed coriander leaves.
- Then take a tablespoon of this juice and add this to buttermilk.
- Mix it well and drink this buttermilk after meals.
- Continue doing this process for 2 – 3 times a day until you got cure from this acidity.
- Or you can also have coriander juice without mixing it in buttermilk.
Method – 2: (Coriander Seeds Tea)
- Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- First of all, take some coriander seeds and crush them properly.
- Place this crushed seeds in a pot.
- Then pour hot water over these crushed seeds.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Now strain it and add little of honey (if required) in it.
- Stir it well and have this tea for twice daily after meals.
- Or you can also drink this coriander tea without adding honey to it.
- Regularize the intake of this coriander tea until you get control over the acidity levels in the body.