Spearmint is another excellent remedy for treating acidity especially if it is caused due to indigestion. Mint leaves are actually helpful in curing the indigestion but some healthcare experts says that the heartburn patients should avoid taking this mint leaves why because it relaxes the esophageal valve and thus worsens the symptoms of heartburn.
But remember that this spearmint won’t have that much of menthol as peppermint. So that it helps to relax the stomach muscles and thus reduces the acidity and its symptoms like nausea and other digestive problems. Follow this process to make mint tea for treating acidity.
- Spearmint leaves – 5 to 10
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Honey (optional) – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Take mint leaves and place them in a cup.
- Then pour hot or warm water into this cup over these leaves.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Now strain or else keeps these leaves in that tea.
- Add honey or any other sweetener to this tea (if required).
- Drink this mint tea after meals to get relief from the acidity.
- Regularize the intake of this mint tea after meals to cure acidity completely.
Cinnamon is a natural antacid that effectively helps to dispel the stomach gas and thus relieves the acidity. Most of the people use this cinnamon for their better digestion and acidity. Try this cinnamon tea to keep the acidity and indigestion at bay.
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and place this on stove or heat.
- Add cinnamon powder and water to it.
- Stir it well and boil it for few minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and pour this in an empty cup.
- Drink this cinnamon tea for 2 – 3 times a day to clear the acidity.
- Or you can also add this cinnamon powder to the soup or salad and have this regularly.
14. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is generally acidic in nature but it exhibits the alkalizing effect when taken into the stomach and thus helps to treat stomach acidity from the root. You have to just mix pure, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with water to clear the problem.
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1 cup
- Take organic apple cider vinegar and add this to water.
- Mix it well and drink this before taking meals.
- Continue the intake of this apple cider vinegar for once or twice daily until you get complete relief from the acidity.
Cloves are very helpful in alleviating the acidity by dispelling the gas with its carminative effect. This also increases the hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach. Many people believe that the acidity is caused by low stomach acid also and this clove will increase the stomach acid to balance the acid base reaction in the stomach and cures all the stomach related problems.
Method – 1:
- Cloves – 2 to 4
- Take cloves and place them in the mouth.
- Start chewing them to extract its juice which goes into the system.
- The intake of this clove juice regularly will help to prevent the acidity by proper digestion.
Method – 2: (Cloves with Cardamom)
- Take cloves and cardamom in equal quantities.
- Place them in a blender or mortar and pestle.
- Crush them finely and have this crush mixture to minimize the acid reaction in the body.
- You can also store the remaining crushed mixture in an airtight container for future purpose.
- Regular intake of this clove – cardamom mixture will not only prevents acidity but also helps to freshen the breath to stop bad breath and improves the indigestion.
16. Herbal Decoction:
We’re all well aware that the therapeutic properties of many seeds and herbs like cumin, fennel, coriander, etc. will work as a great remedy for treating acidity. So the combination of all these herbs in a herbal decoction can provide you with a power packed remedy for curing acidity quickly and completely.
Here is the recipe on how to prepare this herbal decoction for acidity.