- Cumin seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Take a glass and add all the seeds powder in it.
- Then add water and sugar to these seeds powder.
- Stir it well to make it fine decoction.
- Consume this in every morning on an empty stomach to cure the acidity.
- Do this process in every morning until you prevent and get complete relief from the acidity.
Cardamom is an Ayurvedic traditional medicine in India that was used to treat acidity very well. It helps to stimulate the digestion and thus relieves the stomach spasms and acid reactions in the stomach. Usage of cardamom will also help to soothe the inner lining of the stomach which in turn helps to clear the effects of excess acid production for a faster relief from the acidity.
- Cardamom pods – 2 to 3
- Water – 1 cup
- First of all, take cardamom pots and crush them to get into powdered form.
- Take a pan and place it on the heat or stove.
- Then add this crushed cardamom pods (either with or without skin) to this pan.
- Now pour water into this pan and boil it for few minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for few minutes.
- Finally drink this cooled cardamom water to get instant relief from acidity.
- Regularize the habit of drinking this cardamom water for quick and effective relief from the acidity and other stomach related problems.
18. Amla or Indian Gooseberry:
Indian gooseberry or amla has rich amount of vitamin C that effectively helps to heal the injured stomach lining and esophagus. Regular intake of the amla will help you to deal with acidity.
- Amla powder – 1 teaspoon
- Take amla powder and have this whenever you’re suffering from this acidity.
- Continue the intake of this amla powder for twice a day to get complete control over the acidic levels in the stomach.
- Or you can also take amla juice which was freshly extracted from amla and adding a cup of water to it and stir it well to have this juice.
Jaggery will also helps for better digestion by alkalizing the digestive tract and reduces the acidity in the stomach. You can easily find this jaggery in most of the Asian or Indian markets. You just simply suck a small piece of this jaggery after completing the each meal until the acidity calm down in the stomach. You can also drink a glass of cold milk by dissolving enough of jaggery (for sweetness) in that milk for instant relief. But make sure that diabetic patients should not use this remedy for their health issue.
20. Cold Milk:
Milk has the property of stabilizing the gastric acids in the stomach. We all know that milk has rich amount of calcium that helps to prevent the build – up of stomach acids. So for this, you have to drink a glass of cold milk regularly to soothe the acidic reaction and prevent acidity. Have this milk in the next time whenever you suffer from acidity.
Fruits that causes Acidity:
Even though eating fruits is actually recommended for healthy diet but you must be careful while choosing the fruits as the acidic levels of the fruits will also affect the health and causes acidity in you. Regularly our body struggles to maintain the proper balance between the acid and alkaline levels.
We all know that normal pH balance of the body will range in between 6.8 to 7.8 and there are a lot of chemicals in the body and the stomach which helps to keep the ideal balance of pH levels. Coming to the pH of the blood which is slightly alkaline will range in between 7.35 to 7.45 why because the body is composed of about 70% of water that has a neutral pH value of 7.
Always remember that most of the body or stomach pH level will be either changing or maintaining is depends mainly on the foods which you eat. So in this article, you’re going to know about the acidity in fruits and how they affect our body when you ate it.
Indication of Acidity in Fruits:
Fruits has natural acids like oxalate acid, citrus acid, etc. in it and when we consume this in moderation then the acids in those fruits are considered to be beneficial for us. But most of the foods which we’re taking in these days are acidic foods which will produce more of acids in various forms in the body. This will definitely leads to the imbalance in the body pH levels and thus results in several diseases. Apart from this problem, if you consume more of the high acidity fruits then that makes you unable to manage the balance between the acid and alkaline pH levels in the body. So its recommended that you have to know which fruits are acidic in nature and what fruits you have to consume to maintain the normal pH level in the body and stomach.
Fruits with their Acidic levels:
Here is the list of fruits along with their acidity levels…
Sub or Semi Acidic fruits:
Alkaline or Non – acidic Fruits:
Finally remember one thing that you have consume the citric fruits like oranges, kiwifruit, blueberries, strawberries, grapefruit, etc. which has high acidity why because they has immune boosting properties which are essential for the proper bodily functions. So have fruits as per the body acidic or pH levels.
Foods for Treating Acidity:
When discussing about acidity, one major thing is called diet, means the food which we consume plays an important role for increasing acidity or neutralizing the acid in the stomach. So follow the below mentioned food chart which describes what to eat and what not to eat in the daily diet to clear acidity.